Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Exelon rose $0.46 (1.6%) to $29.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,690,753 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,377,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.85-$29.59 after having opened the day at $28.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.94. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), up 7.7%, Calpine ( CPN), up 4.3%, Otter Tail Corporation ( OTTR), up 3.3% and Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.