Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Level 3 Communications ( LVLT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Level 3 Communications rose $0.76 (2.0%) to $38.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,032,879 shares of Level 3 Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,479,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.79-$38.10 after having opened the day at $36.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.24. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: ARC Group Worldwide ( ARCW), up 16.0%, GTT Communications ( GTT), up 8.8%, ARRIS Group ( ARRS), up 7.6% and 8x8 ( EGHT), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Level 3 Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.