Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sap ( SAP) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Sap rose $1.16 (1.5%) to $79.17 on light volume. Throughout the day, 654,205 shares of Sap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,032,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.97-$79.25 after having opened the day at $78.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.01. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: ION Geophysical Corporation ( IO), up 29.2%, LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 25.4%, ARC Group Worldwide ( ARCW), up 16.0% and Luxoft Holding Inc Class A ( LXFT), up 14.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sap Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.