Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amazon.com ( AMZN) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com rose $7.95 (2.3%) to $357.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,141,832 shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,326,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $346.50-$357.20 after having opened the day at $347.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $349.25. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), up 11.4%, Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 7.9%, Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), up 7.5% and Stein Mart ( SMRT), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.