Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Google ( GOOG) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Google rose $13.21 (1.1%) to $1,199.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,812,544 shares of Google exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,059,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1,179.66-$1,199.90 after having opened the day at $1,180.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1,186.69. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 25.4%, Tremor Video ( TRMR), up 9.4%, Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 7.9% and VirnetX ( VHC), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Google Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.