Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1.40 (1.2%) to $114.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,542,567 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,778,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $112.58-$114.77 after having opened the day at $112.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $113.30. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Stewart Information Services ( STC), up 14.0%, AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI), up 10.4%, Imperial Holdings ( IFT), up 7.6% and Maiden Holdings ( MHLD), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.