Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $1.94 (1.6%) to $124.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,469,898 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,267,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $121.22-$124.16 after having opened the day at $121.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $122.21. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Retrophin ( RTRX), up 49.8%, Conatus Pharmaceuticals ( CNAT), up 19.2%, Cardiome Pharma Corporation ( CRME), up 16.5% and Pacira Pharmaceuticals ( PCRX), up 13.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.