Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goodyear Tire & Rubber ( GT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Goodyear Tire & Rubber rose $2.77 (11.5%) to $26.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,927,669 shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,545,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.68-$27.27 after having opened the day at $25.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.17. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Skechers USA ( SKX), up 19.3%, American Lorain ( ALN), up 13.5%, Mannatech ( MTEX), up 10.5% and American Apparel ( APP), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Goodyear Tire & Rubber Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.