Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid rose $0.42 (1.4%) to $31.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,793,462 shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,161,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.65-$31.26 after having opened the day at $30.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.82. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Diebold Incorporated ( DBD), up 9.5%, Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), up 9.2%, iRobot Corporation ( IRBT), up 7.2% and SGOCO Group ( SGOC), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.