Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Air Products & Chemicals ( APD) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Air Products & Chemicals rose $5.06 (4.5%) to $116.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,023,089 shares of Air Products & Chemicals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,052,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $110.61-$117.04 after having opened the day at $110.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.87. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 19.2%, Amyris ( AMRS), up 7.5%, Innospec ( IOSP), up 7.1% and Innophos Holdings ( IPHS), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Air Products & Chemicals Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.