Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 rose $1.40 (1.9%) to $74.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,202,827 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,570,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.63-$74.92 after having opened the day at $72.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.25. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 24.7%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 19.2%, USEC ( USU), up 17.4% and Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 16.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.