The 1964–65 World’s Fair in New York celebrated a time of optimism, growth, and progress. D23: The Official Disney Fan Club captures all the excitement of this epic event in the Spring issue of its publication, Disney twenty-three. The Fair, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, marked the creation of landmark Disney technology, music, and attractions including it’s a small world, Audio-Animatronics ® technology, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and the Carousel of Progress—with its memorable theme song “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.” Disney twenty-three sat down with several Disney Legends responsible for these iconic landmarks including Marty Sklar, Alice Davis, and Bob Gurr. Stunning concept art and rarely seen photography from the Fair complement the stories in this issue, available exclusively to Gold Members of D23.
- We celebrate D23’s fifth anniversary with a look at some of the club’s most memorable events
- “Ask Dave” with Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Emeritus Dave Smith returns to print in the U.S. for the first time in nearly a decade
- Disney trendsetters are all the rage—and on the page—in “The Hippest Place on Earth”
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, PHOTOfiles, D Society, and more
- A closer look at the artwork from it’s a small world’s Tower of the Four Winds at the New York World’s Fair
- Details on which parts of the World’s Fair attractions made their way to Disneyland
- A drive though the Ford Magic Skyway, with an extensive photo gallery