- Make a positive first impression. The minute a customer walks into your business, make sure someone is there to welcome them. This person should be dressed in a uniform that reflects the company brand. Whether it’s a landscaping service, or automotive shop, the workers’ apparel should allow them to feel comfortable, yet look professional, throughout the day.
- Give them confidence. When a customer does business with you, they may be entrusting you with sensitive information, such as their credit card data or social security number. Secure that information with a document management program that identifies the proper lifecycle for each document so it can be properly stored and securely shredded when it is no longer needed. Making secure document shredding bins available for customers to destroy their sensitive information can also instill confidence, as it shows that you take data privacy very seriously.
- Maintain the best possible image. If someone comes into your place of business one day and finds it clean and then dirty the next, it shows inconsistency. Maintain clean facilities to show customers that you pay attention to the details. Eliminating dirt and buildup from floors, regularly checking restroom supplies and removing marks, such as fingerprints, from glass and other hard surfaces throughout your building are just a few points of focus in a clean building program that will make a big difference to your customers.
- Make them feel safe. Businesses should always be ready to handle any emergency, such as a fire, first-aid incident or sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Regularly have your protection equipment inspected and tested in case of a fire. For medical emergencies or SCA, equip your business with a regularly stocked first-aid cabinet or automated external defibrillators (AEDs) so you have the proper bandages and supplies available as a first line of response.
- Show them you care. Follow up with customers after their visit to ask them about their experience. Inquire about their satisfaction with the “little details” of your business, such as its cleanliness, the appearance of your staff, etc. By soliciting their input to identify areas of improvement and making enhancements within your business, you show customers you value their business.
For more information on Cintas’ solutions for businesses, go to www.cintas.com.About Cintas Corporation: Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types primarily throughout North America. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom cleaning and supplies, tile and carpet cleaning, promotional products, first aid, safety, fire protection products and services and document management services for more than 1 million businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.