Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sempra Energy ( SRE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sempra Energy fell $1.07 (-1.1%) to $92.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,603,564 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,192,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $92.11-$93.45 after having opened the day at $92.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.50. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), down 5.9%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.2%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 3.2% and CPFL Energy ( CPL), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.