Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lorillard ( LO) pushed the Tobacco industry lower today making it today's featured Tobacco laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Lorillard fell $2.48 (-5.0%) to $47.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,159,973 shares of Lorillard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,248,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.48-$49.58 after having opened the day at $49.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.95. Another company within the Tobacco industry that decreased today was Reynolds American ( RAI), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.