Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, CarMax fell $0.50 (-1.1%) to $47.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 957,630 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,934,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.90-$47.72 after having opened the day at $47.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.52. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Hollywood Media Corporation ( HOLL), down 7.2%, Container Store Group ( TCS), down 4.3%, DGSE Companies ( DGSE), down 4.1% and Trans World Entertainment ( TWMC), down 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.