Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ventas fell $0.85 (-1.4%) to $61.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,933,232 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,812,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.63-$62.62 after having opened the day at $62.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.63. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 17.1%, J.W. Mays ( MAYS), down 15.3%, Income Opportunity Realty Investors ( IOT), down 8.4% and American Realty Investors ( ARL), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.