Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Companies ( WMB) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies fell $1.07 (-2.6%) to $40.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,810,751 shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,397,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.63-$41.36 after having opened the day at $41.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.76. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Midcoast Energy Partners ( MEP), down 9.4%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), down 9.1%, Dawson Geophysical Company ( DWSN), down 6.3% and KiOR ( KIOR), down 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.