Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $1.85 (-1.7%) to $109.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,060,885 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,500,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $109.34-$111.19 after having opened the day at $110.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.27. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 4.2%, Flotek Industries ( FTK), down 3.3%, GSE ( GSE), down 2.9% and Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.