Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baker Hughes ( BHI) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Baker Hughes fell $0.80 (-1.3%) to $59.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,888,372 shares of Baker Hughes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,485,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.58-$61.73 after having opened the day at $60.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.49. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 31.2%, North American Palladium ( PAL), down 11.8%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 11.7% and Midcoast Energy Partners ( MEP), down 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Baker Hughes Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.