Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PG&E ( PCG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, PG&E rose $0.71 (1.7%) to $43.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,045,544 shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,773,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.37-$43.16 after having opened the day at $42.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.44. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 32.5%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 3.8%, Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings ( CQH), up 3.5% and Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.