Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Nucor rose $1.33 (2.7%) to $50.23 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,048,594 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,798,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.12-$50.50 after having opened the day at $49.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.90. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 18.2%, AMCOL International Corporation ( ACO), up 12.3%, Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), up 10.2% and Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.