Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CBS Corporation ( CBS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, CBS Corporation rose $0.73 (1.2%) to $61.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,989,848 shares of CBS Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,686,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $61.13-$62.04 after having opened the day at $61.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.90. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Emmis Communications ( EMMS), up 19.1%, YOU On Demand Holdings ( YOD), up 12.8%, Liberty Ventures Class A ( LVNTA), up 5.2% and Hong Kong Television Network ( HKTV), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CBS Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.