Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Fluor Corporation ( FLR) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Fluor Corporation rose $2.25 (2.9%) to $79.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,063,129 shares of Fluor Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,277,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.89-$80.41 after having opened the day at $77.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.65. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: China Advanced Construction Materials Group ( CADC), up 21.2%, Caesarstone Sdot-Yam ( CSTE), up 19.6%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 8.7% and Owens-Corning ( OC), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Fluor Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.