Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.71 (1.1%) to $62.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,617,040 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,972,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.30-$62.95 after having opened the day at $62.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.04. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Protective Life ( PL), up 4.0%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 3.5%, ING Groep N.V ( ING), up 3.3% and CNO Financial Group ( CNO), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.