Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, GlaxoSmithKline rose $0.64 (1.2%) to $54.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,672,567 shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,393,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.58-$54.90 after having opened the day at $54.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.17. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Stereotaxis ( STXS), up 18.5%, Dehaier Medical Systems ( DHRM), up 14.7%, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical ( RARE), up 11.6% and Skystar Bio-Pharmaceutical Company ( SKBI), up 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.