Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Western Union Company ( WU) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Western Union Company rose $0.46 (2.9%) to $16.34 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17,917,395 shares of Western Union Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,681,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.15-$16.99 after having opened the day at $16.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.88. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), up 9.3%, UBS E-TRACS S&P 500 Gold Hedged Index ETN ( SPGH), up 7.7%, PHH Corporation ( PHH), up 6.4% and Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Western Union Company Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.