Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Legg Mason ( LM) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Legg Mason rose $1.63 (3.8%) to $44.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,376,831 shares of Legg Mason exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,586,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.66-$44.10 after having opened the day at $42.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.43. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), up 11.6%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), up 9.3%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 8.7% and Macro Bank ( BMA), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Legg Mason Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.