Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Oil ( MRO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Marathon Oil rose $0.59 (1.8%) to $33.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,187,568 shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,411,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.85-$33.35 after having opened the day at $32.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.70. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), up 12.9%, Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 8.6%, Matador Resources ( MTDR), up 7.3% and Energy XXI ( EXXI), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.