Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $3.41 (1.9%) to $186.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,169,158 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 684,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $184.21-$188.42 after having opened the day at $184.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $183.42. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Senomyx ( SNMX), up 24.9%, Valspar Corporation ( VAL), up 6.3%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 6.2% and Penford Corporation ( PENX), up 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.