Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Continental Resources ( CLR) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Continental Resources rose $2.97 (2.8%) to $110.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,432,123 shares of Continental Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,194,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $108.65-$110.94 after having opened the day at $108.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.86. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Senomyx ( SNMX), up 24.9%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 18.2%, Recon Technology ( RCON), up 12.9% and AMCOL International Corporation ( ACO), up 12.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Continental Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.