Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified CBS Corporation ( CBS) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CBS Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CBS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $448.1 million.
- CBS is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CBS: CBS Corporation operates as a mass media company in the United States and internationally. It operates in five segments: Entertainment, Cable Networks, Publishing, Local Broadcasting, and Outdoor Americas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. CBS has a PE ratio of 21.1. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate CBS Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for CBS Corporation has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CBS has a market cap of $34.0 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 2.8% with 2.20 days to cover. Shares are down 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CBS Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CBS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 28.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.61% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CBS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CBS CORP has improved earnings per share by 28.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CBS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.48 versus $1.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.01 versus $2.48).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 26.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $391.00 million to $494.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, CBS CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full CBS Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.