- Exchanges show the greatest cost advantage in CPM, CPA and CPC, indexing below the industry average throughout all of 2013
- Social continues to deliver reach efficiency, performing 197 percent better than the next-best channel (networks)
- Social reaches high-quality users, performing 52 percent better than the indexed average
- Social and exchange online campaigns influence more online conversions while portal campaigns influence more offline conversions
- Offline first-party customer data performs 32x to 64x better than the advertiser average across clients in the Education, Retail and Telecommunications verticals
- Targeting top performing audiences leads to an increase in user conversion rates of 220 percent in CPG, 500 percent in Retail, 560 percent in Education, 920 percent in Automotive and 1400 percent in Telecommunications
MethodologyThe report analyzed more than 61 billion ad impressions in Q4 to uncover insights into customer engagement and reach, such as why marketers should advertise on one digital channel over another. With this data, top brands gain an understanding of the value of leveraging offline data to improve online campaign performance, reaching quality users on a consistent basis with a specific message, and targeting high-performing audiences based on key attributes. This 2013 Year in Review report looks at cost, reach efficiency, user quality and funnel attribution indices across the four most prevalent channels in the digital marketing world. It also dives into the types of campaigns that are driving the most impressions and actions along with which channels deliver actions online and offline, closing the loop across channels. For additional insights, download the media intelligence report here. Connect with Neustar on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Join the conversation on Twitter by following #futureofadvertising. About Neustar Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analytics to the communications services, financial services, retail, and media and advertising sectors. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies to help its clients promote and protect their businesses. More information is available at www.neustar.biz.