- KRFT has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.80 mentions/day.
- KRFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $182.9 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KRFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KRFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KRFT: Kraft Foods Group, Inc. operates as a consumer packaged food and beverage company in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. KRFT has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Kraft Foods Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kraft Foods Group has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kraft Foods Group has a market cap of $31.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kraft Foods Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, KRAFT FOODS GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has improved to $508.00 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Food Products industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 7.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $466.00 million to $500.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for KRAFT FOODS GROUP INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.98%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.37% is above that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.06 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, KRFT maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.81, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Kraft Foods Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.