Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Comcast ( CMCSK) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Comcast as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CMCSK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.8 million.
- CMCSK has traded 7,464 shares today.
- CMCSK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMCSK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMCSK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMCSK: Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. CMCSK has a PE ratio of 21.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Comcast a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Comcast has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Comcast has a market cap of $24.7 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.90 days to cover. Shares are up 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Comcast as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CMCSK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 28.57% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.00% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CMCSK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COMCAST CORP has improved earnings per share by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.73 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 26.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,518.00 million to $1,913.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.94, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that CMCSK's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.62, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.