- TRIP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $223.4 million.
- TRIP traded 10,126 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:39 AM.
- TRIP is up 2.9% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRIP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRIP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRIP: TripAdvisor, Inc., an online travel company, enables travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. It offers advice from real travelers and various travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TRIP has a PE ratio of 56.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate TripAdvisor a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for TripAdvisor has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TripAdvisor has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 19.6% with 7.56 days to cover. Shares are up 1.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TripAdvisor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TRIP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TRIP has a quick ratio of 2.45, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TRIP's share price has jumped by 64.12%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TRIP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 89.70% to $145.04 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRIPADVISOR INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.91%.
- The gross profit margin for TRIPADVISOR INC is currently very high, coming in at 97.96%. Regardless of TRIP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TRIP's net profit margin of 21.90% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.