Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seagate Technology ( STX) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Seagate Technology fell $0.52 (-1.0%) to $49.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,912,554 shares of Seagate Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,558,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.29-$50.00 after having opened the day at $49.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.89. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Rackspace Hosting ( RAX), down 19.1%, Linktone ( LTON), down 15.7%, Sevcon ( SEV), down 11.8% and OmniVision Technologies ( OVTI), down 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Seagate Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.