Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Capital ( ACAS) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, American Capital fell $1.02 (-6.4%) to $14.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,360,829 shares of American Capital exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,118,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.01-$15.17 after having opened the day at $14.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.94. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Direxion Daily China Bear 3X Shares ( YANG), down 11.5%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), down 11.4%, Barclays Short B Leveraged Inverse S&P 500 ( BXDB), down 8.8% and Atlanticus Holdings ( ATLC), down 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Capital Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.