Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WPX Energy ( WPX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, WPX Energy fell $1.89 (-10.0%) to $17.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,147,747 shares of WPX Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,686,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.92-$17.55 after having opened the day at $17.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.92. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 7.4%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 6.2%, Petrobras Argentina ( PZE), down 4.7% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full WPX Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.