Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Public Service Enterprise Group ( PEG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Public Service Enterprise Group rose $0.46 (1.4%) to $34.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,613,886 shares of Public Service Enterprise Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,162,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.89-$34.42 after having opened the day at $33.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 53.6%, Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), up 10.9%, Otter Tail Corporation ( OTTR), up 8.4% and Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.