Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lowe's Companies ( LOW) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Lowe's Companies rose $0.64 (1.4%) to $46.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,879,919 shares of Lowe's Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,054,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.97-$46.94 after having opened the day at $45.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.12. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Acorn International ( ATV), up 9.9%, Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), up 8.4%, RadioShack ( RSH), up 7.2% and ALCO Stores ( ALCS), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Lowe's Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.