Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.5%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.96 (3.0%) to $33.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,131,437 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,642,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.29-$33.38 after having opened the day at $32.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.23. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Banro Corporation ( BAA), up 13.1%, Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), up 10.8%, General Steel Holdings ( GSI), up 9.5% and Paramount Gold and Silver Corporation ( PZG), up 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.