Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Facebook ( FB) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Facebook rose $1.30 (2.0%) to $64.85 on light volume. Throughout the day, 45,446,018 shares of Facebook exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 65,020,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.35-$65.00 after having opened the day at $63.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.55. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 14.0%, Tucows ( TCX), up 11.9%, Autobytel ( ABTL), up 10.7% and Bankrate ( RATE), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Facebook Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.