Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $0.81 (1.5%) to $55.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,865,355 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,788,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.44-$55.75 after having opened the day at $54.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.89. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Dehaier Medical Systems ( DHRM), up 30.3%, Cadence Pharmaceuticals ( CADX), up 26.5%, Relypsa ( RLYP), up 18.9% and Stemline Therapeutics ( STML), up 17.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.