Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, General Mills rose $0.62 (1.3%) to $48.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,291,217 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,227,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.90-$49.00 after having opened the day at $48.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.31. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Inventure Foods ( SNAK), up 14.5%, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR), up 7.7%, American Lorain ( ALN), up 7.3% and SodaStream International ( SODA), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.