Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.82 (1.6%) to $113.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,210,812 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,943,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $111.95-$113.87 after having opened the day at $112.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.69. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Pedevco ( PED), up 13.5%, Tetra Technologies ( TTI), up 12.6%, Forbes Energy Services ( FES), up 9.6% and Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.