Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Gilead rose $0.82 (1.0%) to $81.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,263,101 shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,456,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.89-$82.04 after having opened the day at $81.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.98. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Cadence Pharmaceuticals ( CADX), up 26.5%, Relypsa ( RLYP), up 18.9%, Stemline Therapeutics ( STML), up 17.5% and CEL-SCI Corporation ( CVM), up 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.