Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $6.97 (1.3%) to $535.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,939,618 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,464,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $529.50-$537.75 after having opened the day at $530.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $528.99. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Violin Memory ( VMEM), up 8.4%, Dot Hill Systems Corporation ( HILL), up 7.9%, Silver Spring Networks ( SSNI), up 7.0% and Acorn Energy ( ACFN), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.