Kidde's "Be a Safety Hero" program focuses on these five steps to safety:
- Replace outdated smoke alarms (older than 10 years old) with units featuring a 10-year sealed-in battery. Kidde's Worry-Free line provides a decade of continuous protection with no low-battery chirps.
- Place fire extinguishers on every level of your home and make sure they are within reach.
- Install UL-listed carbon monoxide alarms on each floor and near bedrooms.
- Develop and practice an escape plan with your family. Know two ways out of each room.
- Show your commitment by taking and sharing the pledge at www.alarmpledge.com. You will help your family and help reduce the risks that firefighters face when responding to a home fire.