Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Trimble Navigation ( TRMB) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Trimble Navigation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TRMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.0 million.
- TRMB is up 6.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRMB: Trimble Navigation Limited designs and distributes positioning products and applications enabled by global positioning system (GPS), optical, laser, and wireless communications technology. TRMB has a PE ratio of 43.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Trimble Navigation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trimble Navigation has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trimble Navigation has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 2.7% with 3.81 days to cover. Shares are down 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trimble Navigation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TRMB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD is rather high; currently it is at 57.97%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.78% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $106.37 million or 19.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.63%.
- TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.75 versus $0.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $0.75).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.38, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.87 is weak.
- You can view the full Trimble Navigation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.